Oxford International AQA Examinations
Oxford AQA brings together the educational expertise of two leading UK-based organisations: Oxford University Press, a department of the University of Oxford, and AQA, the UK’s largest academic awarding body. Oxford AQA were founded on the belief that all students deserve a fair opportunity to demonstrate what they have learned – and this principle of Fair Assessment underpins their approach to everything they do.
Oxford AQA international qualifications are comparable to those taken in the UK and recognised by universities all over the world.
Oxford University Press
- Part of the University of Oxford.
- The world’s largest university press, founded in 1478.
- Global provider of high-quality educational resources and services.
- 7,000 employees worldwide and present in more than 175 countries.
- Department of the university ranked #1 by Times Higher Education and the 2018 top UK university by QS (#5 in the world)
- Largest provider of GCSEs and A-levels in the UK.
- Marks around ten million GCSE and A-level papers every year.
- Almost 3 times bigger than Cambridge Assessment in England
- In 2019 AQA had 55.2% of the UK market at GCSE and 42.3% at A Level.
Oxford AQA: Vision and mission
Oxford AQA aims to bring out the best in students so they can achieve their potential and fulfil their dreams. Oxford AQA does this by providing high quality, fair assessments that let all students show what they can do.
- Oxford AQA international qualifications are benchmarked to the UK equivalents, and designed specifically for students who live outside the UK and don’t speak English as their first language.
- Oxford AQA specifications are relevant for tomorrow’s global citizens and will equip them with the knowledge and skills they need to successfully progress to the next stage of their education or employment.
- Fair assessment – Oxford AQA International GCSE, AS and A-level exams test subject ability only, not literacy or cultural knowledge, so all students can achieve their full potential.